About This Site
This site is maintained in honor of the late Rev. Paul T. McCain who originally put the Book of Concord online at this web address. The site went through a massive redesign and was relaunched in September of 2008. The current site was redesigned in February of 2022 reusing much of the content from the 2008 relaunch while modernizing the technology used to deliver the site and updating the site code to bring it up to date for modern web browsing.
Please report any broken links!!
Due to an unfortunate series of events, some of the code and links were unrecoverable prior to the current redesign and therefore there may be some broken links. We have done our best to re-establish the links we could, but there is no doubt we missed some.
If you notice broken links, PLEASE contact us.
Special thanks is owed to Rev. Paul T. McCain who did so much of the work to make the original sources of this site available and in a usable form. Also, Mr. Norm Fisher was instrumental in the 2008 relaunch and converted the digitized files into a much more computer friendly format.
Thanks are also due to Remy, Matt and Chris for the current site design and redeployment using a more manageable and modern framework we hope will make the site easier to manage, maintain and upgrade in the future.
BookOfConcord.Org into the future…
It is hoped that this redesign is only a starting point and that Rev. McCain’s legacy will not only endure, but will be able to encompass more resources in the future. If you know of a helpful resource relating to the Book of Concord that you believe should be added to the repository, please let us know!
Please feel free to reach out to our team for any reason!
Copyright notices and credits
Book of Concord - Primary Text
The primary text of the Book of Concord on this site is from Triglot Concordia: The Symbolical Books of the Evangelical Lutheran Church: German-Latin-English. The book was published as a memorial of the quadricentenary jubilee of the Reformation anno Domini 1917 by resolution of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio, and Other States (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1921). These texts are in the public domain and may be freely copied.
Excuse our dust.... This room isn't finished yet.
Please pardon our dust. We have the walls up and the basic structure in place. There are a few rooms that aren’t as yet completed. If you have reached this page, we are still getting things in place. The content you are looking for should return shortly. Please stop back!
What User Data We Collect
When you visit the website, we may collect the following data:
- Your IP address.
- Your contact information and email address.
- Data profile regarding your online behavior on our website.
Why We Collect Your Data
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services and products.
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences. Safeguarding and Securing the Data.
BookOfConcord.Org is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. We have taken all reasonable measures to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems. Please note that cookies don’t allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser. (Provide links for cookie settings for major internet browsers).
Links to Other Websites
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- When you are filling the forms on the website, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don’t want to disclose your personal information.
- If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
- BookOfConcord.Org will not lease, sell or distribute your personal information to any third parties, without your express permission except as required by law or as required in order to provide service or support. Your personal information will be used to send you promotional information only if you have given us your permission to do so.